We have a wide range of beautiful unique wood carved items available for purchase here at Screamin’ Designs that are perfect for your home décor or to be presented as gifts to friends and family. There’s a certain natural beauty that wood carved items have that is lacking in other mass-produced home décor items.
If you are interested in woodworking, then learn more about it by checking out the following 5 facts about woodworking:
- History of woodworking – Woodworking can be traced all the way back to ancient Egyptian and Chinese cultures.
- Types of wood – Historically, wood carvers used whatever wood was available to them in the region where they lived. These days, wood carvers have access to all kinds of wood. However, there are three major types of wood. These include hardwood, softwood and man-made wood (such as plywood).
- Significance of woodworking – Woodworking has always been an important part of civilization. It was, after all, the primary method for making tables, chairs, carts and more for thousands of years.
- Cultural importance – The use of woodworking can be traced back to many ancient civilizations and cultures. Most artists back then focused primarily on wood due to the fact that it was easy to manipulate. Examples of how artists used wood include totem poles and decorative canoes.
- Tools – The tools that were used for woodworking were primarily made out of stone during ancient times. Eventually, the use of bronze tools replaced the use of stone tools. These days, most woodworkers use tools made out of metal alloys.
These are 5 facts about woodworking worth knowing. For more facts about woodworking, or for more information about our unique wood carved items or the Hope for the Warriors organization, contact us at Screamin’ Designs today.