Here at Screamin’ Designs, we offer up a wide variety of beautiful wood carved items. If you are impressed by our designs and want to know a little bit more about woodworking in general, then you should check out some of the best woodworking tips that both beginners and professionals use for their wood carving projects.
The following are some of the best woodworking tips that you can use:
- Use a reusable sanding block – Cut out blocks of scrap plywood around 2 ½ inches by 4 ¾ inches in size. Get some cork tiles and spray adhesive to each side. Stick the cork to the block of plywood and then attach sandpaper using adhesive. Voila! This will make sanding down wood much easier.
- Avoid glue stains – In order to prevent glue stains at the joints of your wood projects, clamp together your wood pieces. Place tape over the joints, then cut them apart with a sharp blade. Separate the pieces, then add the glue and clamp them back together. Any glue that oozes out will go onto the tape instead of the wood, which you can then simply pull off.
- Use a drafting square for better accuracy – If you need to make an accurate square that’s within the two to three foot range, use a drafting square. Drafting squares are more accurate than drywall squares and more convenient than carpenter squares.
These are a some of the best woodworking tips that will make life a lot easier if you are working on a woodworking project.
For more information about our wide range of unique wood carved items, or for information about Hope for the Warriors – to whom we donate ten percent of our after-tax profits – be sure to contact us at Screamin’ Designs today.
We have a wide range of beautiful unique wood carved items available for purchase here at Screamin’ Designs that are perfect for your home décor or to be presented as gifts to friends and family. There’s a certain natural beauty that wood carved items have that is lacking in other mass-produced home décor items.
If you are interested in woodworking, then learn more about it by checking out the following 5 facts about woodworking:
- History of woodworking – Woodworking can be traced all the way back to ancient Egyptian and Chinese cultures.
- Types of wood – Historically, wood carvers used whatever wood was available to them in the region where they lived. These days, wood carvers have access to all kinds of wood. However, there are three major types of wood. These include hardwood, softwood and man-made wood (such as plywood).
- Significance of woodworking – Woodworking has always been an important part of civilization. It was, after all, the primary method for making tables, chairs, carts and more for thousands of years.
- Cultural importance – The use of woodworking can be traced back to many ancient civilizations and cultures. Most artists back then focused primarily on wood due to the fact that it was easy to manipulate. Examples of how artists used wood include totem poles and decorative canoes.
- Tools – The tools that were used for woodworking were primarily made out of stone during ancient times. Eventually, the use of bronze tools replaced the use of stone tools. These days, most woodworkers use tools made out of metal alloys.
These are 5 facts about woodworking worth knowing. For more facts about woodworking, or for more information about our unique wood carved items or the Hope for the Warriors organization, contact us at Screamin’ Designs today.
Here at Screamin’ Designs we create unique wood carved items that make a perfect gift for a friend or family member. These beautiful, intricately detailed woodcarvings can be displayed with pride anywhere in the home and will capture the attention of anyone that comes to visit. One unique item that we are especially proud of is our custom wooden family tree carving.
Our custom wooden family tree carving is a rectangular piece measuring 30”x 20”x 2”. Carved from walnut and finished with satin polyurethane, this unique item depicts a tree growing through the center, with branches spreading to the edges of the piece. Because our family tree carving is made of wood it has an organic look that’s stunning when viewed in person. It is sure to be a great focal point wherever you place it in your home. Besides walnut, you can have the family tree custom made from African mahogany or oak, as well. This wood carving has a unique “blonde” streak up the middle. This is due to the color on the live edge of the tree; the milled boards were then “book matched” to give this piece its one of a kind look!
So, why do we call it the family tree? For starters trees are symbolic for our family, as they grow in all directions but remain connected by the trunk. Because of this beautiful symbolism, the family tree could make for a perfect gift for your parents!
Along with being able to display our gorgeous, unique items throughout your home as a way to spruce up your décor, you’ll also be helping the Hope for the Warriors organization when you buy from Screamin’ Designs. We provide Hope for the Warriors with 10 percent of our after-tax profits to help the many men and women that have served our nation post-9/11.
At Screamin’ Designs, we have several wood carved, three-dimensional unique items for people that love hunting, fishing and athletics. These unique items are perfect for sprucing up your home’s interior design and help add character and beauty to your home. The history of woodcarving goes back thousands of years, and we are proud to continue the tradition with our custom unique items, like our Jumping Bass.
If you aren’t aware of the rich history of woodcarving, then you’ll find it interesting that woodcarving is one of the oldest types of art there is. In fact – artists have been using wood since the Stone Age to carve beautiful pieces of art. The reasoning behind this is simple – wood has always been easily available.
Although wood is more vulnerable than other materials – it absorbs water and is vulnerable to airborne fungi and insects, making it degrade faster than other materials – its use can be traced all over the world.
Woodcarving was used in Oceanic art for ceremonial canoes, as well as by American Indians for totem poles. Woodcarving was quite popular later in Europe as well, especially in Medieval, Gothic, and Romanesque architecture – such as in churches and cathedrals. Woodcarving has continued to be popular even in the twentieth century, such as its use in folk art. Original artists used chisels to build their canoes and totem poles.
These are just a couple of examples of early woodcarving art forms. Be sure to contact us at Screamin’ Designs for information about our novelty items. We donate 10 percent of our after-tax profits to the Hope for the Warriors organization.
Here at Screamin’ Designs, we offer an absolutely gorgeous 3D wooden mermaid carving that will definitely spruce up your home’s interiors. Our pieces help add texture, interest and personality to your space. One such piece is Bella the Mermaid. She is created using a digital wood carving process, allowing us to re-create the piece for you. However, each piece is unique due to the different types of wood and their unique grains.
The mermaid is a mythical aquatic creature with the upper body of a female and the lower body of a fish, making it a popular subject for artists due to the mermaid’s inherent beauty. Our Bella the Mermaid depicts a mermaid amidst the ocean’s waves in intricate details. This 3D wooden mermaid carving is made from African mahogany and has been finished with satin polyurethane. It is also available in oak and walnut. Its dimensions, which are 48” x 24” x 2”, make it a carving that will create a strong focal point no matter where you put it in your home as it will be sure to draw attention! If this wasn’t reason enough to own such a spectacular piece of art, keep in mind that every 3D wooden mermaid carving is a custom order – no two are alike! Depending on the material used, as well as the grain of the wood, each piece is unique. Delivery will take between 6 and 8 weeks. At $1,749.95, you’ll not only be getting a grand statement for your home’s décor; you’ll also be helping the Hope for the Warriors® nonprofit organization.
Hope for the Warriors® is an organization that focuses on assisting post-9/11 service members and their family members – as well as the families of fallen service members – with physical and psychological wounds. We donate ten percent of our after tax profits to them. For more information about our 3D wooden mermaid carving or the Hope for the Warriors® project, contact us at Screamin’ Designs Image Source: Screamin’ Designs